Call us right away if you’re ready to build or renovate your own custom home in Lake Norman.
A custom home offers you the opportunity to create a home that best fits the needs of you and your family. There are so many different materials and styles to choose from, so you can find what you like best. There are so many advantages to building a custom home:
- Floor plans can be modified to fit you and your family best.
- You can choose the type of flooring you prefer. For example, if you’re a pet owner or have kids, the best type of flooring may vary from room to room, compared to someone who doesn’t have pets or kids.
- Not only do you get to choose the flooring material, but you also get to select the exact color, stain, and style of flooring.
- You can select the style of lighting, as well as the fixtures that you prefer throughout your home.
- You can choose custom cabinets for kitchens and bathrooms.
- You can pick the material for countertops that you want.
- You can select small details like the hardware for your doors and cabinets.
- There is a wide range of window options you can choose from.
Starting With a Customized Floorplan
When thinking about a custom home, it’s easy to begin with the details such as flooring material and cabinetry. What may not be at the forefront of your mind is how to customize your new home’s floorplan so that it is functional for your family. Starting with a customized floorplan is at the core of building a custom home because it will determine the shape and layout of your home overall.
There are several ways to think about a custom floorplan, including the way your home will sit most naturally on your property, how entries and exits will be affected, and the flow of traffic inside your home. Whether you are adding multiple stories or need to include a larger garage, you’ll want your floorplan to incorporate the details that are most important to you, so your builder can bring them to life.
One of the best ways to successfully create a custom floorplan is to make a list of your wants and needs, so you can more accurately communicate with your designer. If they know that your mother-in-law-suite needs to be on the opposite side of the house from the rest of your family, they can more easily incorporate this at the beginning of the planning stages. Establishing your must-haves early on will only make the building process go more smoothly.
You can also ask your designer or builder about the best way to establish a solid custom floorplan as you begin to think about what you want in your new home. After all, you should love the space you’re in with your new custom home.
Let us help you turn your custom home dreams into a reality!